Does WaveLab have Macros?

I am not seeing macros even in the Pro version.
Searched the manuals and an online search.
Been using Cubase for almost 20 years and it has had macros for as long as I can remember.
Audacity has macros.
Am I missing something?

1 Like

There is no macro feature, but there is a script feature that allows doing things to a certain extent.

I am a Steinberg fan but must say that I am shocked that WaveLab Pro, a $500 suite, doesn’t have macros.

1 Like

I started using a Stream Deck in my main studio a couple years ago and it does a great job in this area. Then, as I’m getting my M1 MacBook Pro setup and may not want to carry a Stream Deck around everywhere, I discovered Keyboard Maestro which definitely fills the void of no Macros in WaveLab.

Plus, you can do even more with Keyboard Maestro including mirroring the settings to other computers etc.

Couldn’t find scripting in the Elements manual. Is this just a Pro feature?

Yes, it is

I didn’t have any doubts but Keyboard Maestro is proving to be pretty incredible for when I’m on my laptop and don’t have the Stream Deck handy.

As nice as it might be for WaveLab to have macros, the advantage to Keyboard Maestro is that you can set things up for ALL the apps you use, with some clever crosstalk between them.

Dorico 4 exposes its controls via a new API, so StreamDeck buttons can directly interact with the program instead of having to send key commands. This is pretty marvelous (much faster than before, independent of language- or OS-specific keyboard shortcuts, works also if Dorico doesn’t have keyboard focus) - any chance for something like that in Wavelab?

Where do you know that from?

I have beta-tested the new StreamDeck profile that uses the API. Here is some (commercial) information: Notation Express for Dorico 4 information - Notation Central.

Philip Rothman (one of the developers) is active on the Dorico forum (@Philip_R) and can surely provide you with more details.

Do you have a good contact at Elgato/Stream Deck? The very latest software version breaks a certain thing I’ve been doing in WaveLab for a couple years now. I had to revert to the last public release version of the Stream Deck software and all is OK.

No, sorry. The profile was developed by NYC Music Services (see link above), maybe they have contacts?