Does Waves V7 32bit runs on Cubase 6 64bit?

waves said the 64 bit thing is coming soon…
but i am assuming it will drop when 64 bit PT drops… so maybe before 2011 is done?
In that most every major DAW (except that underground one called “pro-something or another” :wink: ) has a 64 bit offering - that will light a fire for the 32 bit dinosaurs left

i would really love to not have to bridge plugs…

at least they added all the V series plugs to the major bundles - though still not sure if i can justify the 180 bucks on WUP until it is 64 bit

Hi!

Anybody here who could test Waves V8 in Cubase and check the loading times of a plugin for the first time you instantiate it? With V7 i have to wait 3-4 sec until i can go on.

All the best,
Timo

I’ve been waiting for Waves to update to 64 bit for over 2 years now. I’ll believe it when I see it. You see companies like Vienna and EastWest (and Steinberg) that have their products ready, and then you have companies like Waves and Tascam that have theirs ready about the time the industry has already moved on.

I’ve been waiting to invest in Waves for sometime now but dont consider it
worth while until they support 64bit. Its increasingly a plan i need an alternative too.

Waves V8 working pretty well here in 64bit Cub on Win7 through jBridge - but waiting time for instantiation seems unchanged, still 4 - 6 sec for a plug to appear for me. Hope the 64bit Waves improves this!

Thanks! Bought a new WUP and installed V8 yesterday. Yes, loading times are still the same. :frowning: Also i’ve got sluggish performance with Waves Plugins and my 2 Matrox P690 Cards. Hoped that these problems had gone with V8, but no way…I have to turn the hardware acceleration all the way down on my graphic cards to run waves plugins properly. If turn up the hardware acceleration, it’s only a question of time (and ram usage) until a waves plugin crashes my system with a blue screen. Waves told me not to use matrox. Ok, now i’m off topic…

Wow - that’s a problem they should sort out! The Matrox triple-header is one of the most popular cards for DAW users IIRC…

So Waves 7 is working on Cubase 6 (32 or 64bit)? In their “Supported Hosts and Formats List” it just goes to 5.5.1.
Guess (and hope) their list is just not updated - 5.5.2 works fine.