Doing maths in number fields

I have used a lot of 3d software etc
One thing they do nicely is manage calculations in any number field…all do it different ways but the simplest is just for adding subtracting which of course can get tiring but also easy to muck up if you are already in neg numbers

Of course some let you do just about anything but not needed here

This is how it works
Eg lets say you want to take a fader down 3.5db. The fader is currently at -3.2
Whn you double click in the number field, you type in the new amount and then if you want to add or subtract.
So in this case you would type in
then type ‘-’ key and enter which applies a subtraction etc

Little things are sometimes nice

Cheers

I read this bit:

And by the time I read this bit:

Blockquote[quote=“Aurasphere, post:1, topic:906159”]
Whn you double click in the number field, you type in the new amount and then if you want to add or subtract.
[/quote]

I’d already done the sum (-6.7).

So it seems like an awful lot of effort on the part of the devs to add a step to a simple op?
Although I suppose it might help where much larger numbers are concerned - pitch shift cc data, perhaps.

sure…I gave a simple example and didnt go to cc’s
Its about system wide helps really
From what I understand…the devs on the 3d stuff didnt even code it…was already part of the lib includingn + 2 * tan(2) etc

If was a major resource to do that…well done bother but its just my experience. The more right brain you are in your processes the less left brain…its rare to traverse esp in XY brains because of the rewiring at the 11th week because of the testosterone. What Im saying is getting as much ‘feel’ will always be in a left brain environ…not my info, just basic psychology

Thats why simple single knobs go a long way…on live desks, I programmed slider moves in sin biased ease in/out in 3 or 6db (FOH) to be able to hide/focus and that realtime feel did wonders for others on mix teams.