Doing Something MySelf About The Lack Of Touch in Cubase....

Been so frustrated with steinbergs lack of touch for cubase pro, that i finally had a go at improving it myself… And as a happy amateur trying to enhance his workflow using touch and easy skript programing, i’ve reached my goals…

Here is a Demo Video:

What do you think, I’m i totally wrong , Or???

Wow I’m really impressed. That must’ve been a lot of work!
If Steinberg could make something similar it would be much faster too because I suppose they can call software functions instead of relying on keyboard shortcuts which have their problems as you noticed.

not gonna lie … quite alot of time was spent getting this homefix to work…
i started experimenting abit in autohotkey in early 2015, and the deeper i got into it the more i was able to do with it.
But it all basicly comes down to a series of scripted mouse movements and keyboard presses,
with some custom gui elements to control them…
And if i can pull this of with no prior knowledge of programming and with a free programminglanguage…
I certainly think that steinberg could do a whole lot better, and they really should…

But i would caution against just slapping it on and calling it done,
think the about workflow and how people use touchscreens…
when doing touch interface design always think bottom to top,
since putting stuff on top will hide stuff below when using your hand.

PLEASE STEINBERG DO NOT PUT VITAL STUFF ON THE TOP END OF THE SCREEN,
the bottom is optimal for ergonomics and reading visability…

Really nice work. The Slate Raven now supports Cubase in OS and is scheduled to do so on PC in Q1 16. There are also some good results coming from using DTouch. A good thread here for you to look through: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/1025012-considering-touchscreen-system.html?highlight=slate+raven

Is that all done within AutoHotKey?

Yes it is :slight_smile:

I truly enjoyed your video demo. This really would make a Great option for Cubase. Now you’ve got me excited how cool this is…

When I layout my monitors next time, I’m making sure they are within an arms length, wall mounted and extended over the midi keyboard. Congratulations on some very serious work

I am now a subscriber !! More people need to see this