Dominator CM makes Cubase 5 crash

Anybody had the same problem?
I have loads of VST plugins, but the only one I cannot get Cubase 5 to run is
Dominator CM - damn shame.
I put it in the VST plugin folder and Cubase crashes on startup.

I used to use Dominator in Cubase 5. No problem. Great Synth. One of the absolutely best free synths. Some time ago I changed to a mac and alas Doninator does not work on mac. So I kept the old PC to run Dominator and some other great old stuff (among them some of Steinbergs older synths). I connect the two computers so I have the best of two worlds. But since I moved CB 5 over to mac I now run CB 4.5 on the PC and Dominator works fine there as well. I “reach” Dominator from my mac both through VEpro and VST Link (soundcard to souncard). This will work PC to PC as well. Dominator is really a simple synth to install. Just the .dll if I recall right. On a PC there are however “a lot” of VST pluggin folders. I always found the one under Steinberg/Cubase/Cubase5/Vstplugins to be the best. I never figured out why there are several VST folders and why 3.party pluggs place them “all over”. But you can move the .dll around and see if a new placing helps. I recall that several .dll needed to be placed manually to make them work. Some inside a subfolder and some without. Tideous. I must say I cannot recall Dominator as a “difficult” one, but perhaps I was lucky with the first placement. GL with this great synth. Whish they would make it for mac so I could cut the cable to the PC once and for all.