dongle fail

three times out of ten after a reboot or cold start my dongle fails .
i get a message no valid licences etc
i have to relocae it to another usb port then it works it has no relevance whatsoever usb 3 or 2 its the same
is there a post or thread on this subject is anyne else having or had this .
btw…
i have the latest usb drivers on my pc … its new and has updated itself .
i have the latest e-licence software.
problem started after the update …
thanks in advance :smiley:

Contact support. I am afraid they are the only people who can really help you.

Hello,

I would say that the USB-eLicenser itself is starting to fail. Do you haver a spare Dongle you could try?

Regards

My dongle did the same thing after the 8.05 update, but not before. Could it perhaps be something else??

Been experiencing these issues too.

Try to push the metal outers of the Usb plug together a little bit , i had this problem a while back and when i bent the metal casing inwards slightly it worked fine .

If you are using Windows… check your USB settings in the Device Manager to be sure that Windows isn’t shutting your USB ports to save power.

detailed instructions: Open the Control Panel, select Device Manager, go to the USB controllers section. Locate your USB root hubs, double click one of the listings, go to the Power Management tab and deselect the ‘sleep’ option if selected. Repeat for all ‘hubs’ listed.

Hope this helps.

hi al
thanks for the reply s…
it its still happening .
this is what i have done so far .
turned off power saving on all usb ports… this was not really worth trying because the problem is on boot up .
removed cubase from start-up program list … i thought maybe the program may be starting far to quick so that the dongle has no time to find its init an or driver…
this made no difference
i had no problems at all until the update…
i shall do a rewind back to 8.0 tomorrow and see what happens
i will post my findings…
thanks guys
T

dongle fail

by Tony H » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:24 am

three times out of ten after a reboot or cold start my dongle fails .
i get a message no valid licences etc
i have to relocae it to another usb port then it works it has no relevance whatsoever usb 3 or 2 its the same
is there a post or thread on this subject is anyne else having or had this .
btw…
i have the latest usb drivers on my pc … its new and has updated itself .
i have the latest e-licence software.
problem started after the update …
thanks in advance

Hey All,
I have expereinced this three times too since the update, i also have the latest elicencer drivers. My workaround is to eject the steinberg dongle and then simply wait a few seconds insert it back into the same USB port (front) and it works then? …worth a try.
:slight_smile:

yep thats what i have to do

i wonder if it is the update

Hello,

then give the following troubleshooting article a try:

Good luck!

nothing worked Louis
but thanks anyway…

Fixed !!!
it was the update !!!
i have no freeking idea why but i rolled back to v8.0 and bingo
and a whole host of minor issues are gone as well
no crashing when working with BFD3. no hang or freez when midi editing
no unresponsive menus—

thanks to all for your time and help
cheers
T

Hi Tony H,

this is very interesting. I’m moving this thread to the “Issues” forum, so that other users who have this problem with the 8.0.5 update can comment there. Maybe we can find some similarities that can lead us to the cause of this issue.

I will then forward the collected information to our devs for investigation.

Cheers

I also had the same problem but Cubase lost total connection with my mouse & keyboard & dongles…
but Cubase never closed & kept running even when i pulled my ilok & Elicenser out

I have now rolled back to version 8.00 build 397 it seem alot more stable… glad you worked it out @Tony Happy music making days :slight_smile:

Hi guys,

just to follow up… have you already tried Cubase 8.0.10? Is this an issue again?

Regards