Dongle license

I have upgraded from Sudio 5 to Cubase 6 and my dongle license has been upgraded too.

I still have Cubase studio 5 installed on my old computer but it won’t work with the dongle as it has been re-licensed.

Is there any way round this?

Have you actually tried it…? It will ! if not - as always - update the elicense software to the latest version.

Thanks for replying.

Yes I have tried it. My dongle license has upgraded fine to operate with Cubase 6 with Windows 7. I have my old computer (XP) which still has Cubase Studio 5 installed and a lot of files. I want to access those but the dongle isn’t accepted as it has been upgraded for Cubase 6.

I will eventually transfer them all to my new computer but I need to do some quick work with them as all my VST instruments are still installed on my old system and it will take quite a long time to get them all onto the new one.

I wonder - if I buy a new dongle can I get it licensed to run on my old system with Studio 5?

Try updating the eLicenser on your old computer. The license for Cubase 6 allows you to run all lesser versions.

Does not matter, your Cubase 6 license runs the Studio 5 version. As written already: update the E-Licenser software on your old XP computer.

Thanks.

I’ll try that and let you know how it goes.

INCREDIBLE!
I installed Cubase 6 on my OLD computer then ran Cubase Studio 5 and it all worked.

HOWEVER — Cubase 6 doesn’t seem to like the files created on Cubase 5! Any ideas…please?

It should be the other way around … Cubase 5 shouldn’t load Cubase 6 projects. Apply the latest Cubase 5 update if you haven’t already done so, load your projects and re-save them under a new name, and try loading the re-saved version into Cubase 6.

What error message are you getting?

It’s been a while since I asked the question but it all seems to be working now thanks to your various replies.

Thanks