We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Dorico 1.1.10 update, which focuses on making individual chord symbols tweakable using a graphical editor. The improvements include:
• Double-click a chord symbol in Engrave mode to edit its appearance.
• Change the default appearance of a particular kind of chord symbol across the whole project with the new Project Default Chord Symbol Appearance dialog, accessible from the bottom of the Chord Symbols page of Engraving Options.
• Show chord symbols above the top staff of the system, whatever it is, using a new option on the Staves and Systems page of Layout Options.
• Show repeat endings optionally below the bottom staff of the system.
• Navigate to the start of a flow by clicking on it in the Flows panel in Setup mode.
• Improvements to playback, including fixes to handling changes of playing technique, and improvements in playback of relative tempo.
• More than 70 bugs fixed.
You can read more about the improvements and fixes, and watch a video explaining the new chord symbol editor, on the Making Notes blog, read complete documentation of the changes and improvements in the Dorico Version History, and download the update here.