Dorico 1.2 bravura not displaying correctly?

So, after updating to v1.2, I’ve run into an odd little problem. Basically, all of the musical elements (noteheads, time signatures, etc.) are all either not displaying or displaying as really weird glyphs. See attachment for what I mean. It seems like it would be a font issue, but I have no earthly idea how to go about fixing it. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. Initial update from 1.1.10 to 1.2. This is where the problem started.

2. Download 1.2 full version from the Steinberg download manager. Install from this (without uninstalling first) and check the “reinstall” option in the wizard. No change.

3. Uninstall Dorico. Install 1.2 full version. This actually made the problem worse. Same font issue, but then also the music was stretched out beyond all usability (in galley view at least; in page view, most of it was stretched out onto subsequent imaginary pages that weren’t accessible or visible).

4. Under Engrave menu, go to “Music Fonts.” “Bravura” is already highlighted. Select “Change Music Font” then “Ok.” This sorts out the problem that step 3 created, but now we’re back to the original issue.

I’m on Windows 10 Home 64-bit edition. If it’s relevant, I haven’t yet updated Windows with their most recent big update (came out maybe a month ago…?).

Anyone else having a similar issue? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a million!

Please restart your computer, and hopefully everything will be back to normal!

Funny story, I should have mentioned that I had actually already tried that somewhere in the process to no avail. However, after trying again, that seems to have done the trick. A colleague sitting nearby insists that “it’s because Daniel told you to do it.” Feel free to ask my computer to cooperate any time you’d like :wink:

Thanks again!

On Windows machine you must reboot your system everytime you finished the installation of a certain version of Dorico.

I didn’t have font problems with other updates. But, if no one said it already, I think it should have a warning to reboot the computer after updating, like many other programs do. At least it would avoid some repeated threads at this forum. :smiley: