Dorico 2.2.10 Ports issue

Thanks for the update.

One issue I am having. I see ports can be specified in play mode up to 99 (excellent) and the are numbered instead of lettered (also excellent). Thank you very much.

However I can’t increase the number beyond 4 in the endpoint setup dialog so there is no way to assign an expression map to entries beyond port 4. I noticed there is nothing in the history document about any of this so I presume it is just not finished yet. Maybe I am missing something?

Also, I was unable to get playback at all until I deleted the VSTAudioEngine2 preferences folder. But once I did that, all was fine.

Finally, here is a crash report. Crashed first time I ran after the update. I expect if I deleted that preferences folder before running the first time, this probably would not have crashed.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (611 KB)

Unfortunately you’re absolutely right about the Endpoint Setup dialog – sorry about that. The maximum number of ports there should also be allowed to go up to 99 (heaven help you).

There’s no reason why you should have had to delete the VSTAudioEngine2 folder: there’s been no change to the audio engine between version 2.2 and 2.2.10, and certainly that’s not something that we have seen in our internal testing or in our beta testing. But I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue straightforwardly.

The crash log is not very illuminating, I’m afraid.

I was also very pleasantly surprised to see ports up to 99. I work with saved channel sets in VSL and use all of the 16 available ports.
So it will make life a lot easier if heaven allowes me to increase the number beyond 4. Any chance for a tiny little update?

I would never say never, but at the moment we have no plans for a further 2.2.x update, I’m afraid.

And when have any of Dorico’s updates been “tiny”? :smiley:

Sorry, that was rhetorical, wasn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink: