Dorico 2 Pro bugs/enhancement requests

That wasn’t intended as a criticism. Just a statement of fact. It is coming along nicely and is at the point of being useful in a wide variety of projects. But it is still at the early adopter phase, with most of the market being a bit skeptical. That’s not a bad thing. It means Steinberg/Yamaha has a big opportunity ahead.

I wasn’t born yesterday, and I learned how to read between the lines about 50 years ago.

F and S are at the opposite end of the product cycle. F is clearly in end of life with practically no meaningful development or problem fixing. It seems to me that S is pretty much the same, although S starts from a more modern base, so it might still look a little more current. I think in both cases, if the new owners had a business plan to continue development, that got fouled up when MuseScore became viable enough to be the favored product in many school departments. I think F in particular depended on strong annual revenues from schools. F&S are looking at the end of the line, IMHO.

Dorico is an emerging product. I doubt that Dorico will capture much of the school business, but being part of the Yamaha and Steinberg stable, this product has access to a large base of professional and semi-professional musicians. Right now it is mainly early adopters. IMHO the product was alpha level through 1.0. It is a solid beta now at 2.1 as it can do a lot without too many work-arounds and quirks. The next paid release should get to the point where it can spread quickly beyond early adopters. I think the whole rollout has been smart.

We’re at 2.2, Craig. If you’re not, then update - there have been improvements to the whole “whack-a-mole” issue.

Yes I am at 2.2.

This is why I flagged it.

Right. What I meant to say was that 2.1 felt to me like a major turning point. The product is reliable and mostly “full function” but users still rely on a lot of self-help and work-arounds, leaving it in the early adopter (aka “beta”) stage. People shouldn’t take this negatively. It is just a clinical statement of fact from a person who has been an IT professional since 1974. As product launches go, I have seen many over the years and managed my share. I think this is one of the best I have seen.

All the “Whack-a-mole” examples I posted were from 2.2.