Dorico 2 questions

Very, very nice update. Thank you.

Now for some questions:

1. Will playback of divisi staves on separate MIDI channels be implemented in version 2.x or some indeterminate version in the future beyond version 2?

2. Same question for different MIDI channels for voices within a staff.

3. Will we see multi port MIDI in version 2.x? Ever?

4. Ossia staves: I understand the purpose and implementation. I wonder if something similar could be used to define playback of things like trills, mordents etc. In this case you’d want to indicate that playback occurs from the Ossia rather than the symbol on the regular staff. So just food for thought.

5. Will we ever see audio tracks supported? I suppose you can get one audio track using the video feature and mix that, so that is something. What about freeze to audio for better CPU performance of large scores with large streaming libraries?

1. At some point in the future. This is something that hopefully will drop out of the ability to route voices independently.
  2. Ditto
  3. Do you mean for supporting VSL? At some point, hopefully yes
  4. That’s not something we’ve thought about, but all options are open for the future…
  5. Maybe so in the future. There are certainly common use cases for that. Freezing is something that would be more complex, but it’s quite possible we may consider that in the future.

I also think freezing could be an important feature for Dorico. Not everyone has the fancy VE Pro master/slave setup to handle a lot of instruments.

Thanks Paul.