Dorico 3.1 crashes when opening 3.0 file

So I recently updated to Dorico 3.1 and most of my files that I made in Dorico 3.0 open correctly. However, when I try to open one specific Dorico 3.0 project, a large orchestra piece, in Dorico 3.1, it gives me the standard message of “this project was created in 3.0 and will be updated to 3.1”, then loads the project until the progress bar is around 80%, and then the program immediately closes. I’ve attached the Dorico diagnostics report that I created when I reopened the program after one of the crashes (it consistently crashes the same way every time I open that file, and that is the only file that it crashes on for me), but I don’t know how much help the diagnostics report will be because for some reason the “crashes” folder appears to be empty.

I’ve also attached the Dorico project that causes the crash, as a google drive link:

The project has a lot of stuff in it so I’m not exactly sure what is causing the problem. I created the project entirely in Dorico 3.0 in November and December last year, and it has some advanced things like multiple simultaneous meters, sections in open meter, and various other things, but it’s hard to pinpoint what the issue might be. What makes things stranger is that previous versions of the piece, like a version before I combined the percussion parts into players, or more recent versions like a cut version of the piece with fewer sections, open in Dorico 3.1 without any issues.

Any ideas for how to diagnose/solve this problem?

Thanks!

Aidan
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (845 KB)

I’m having the same problem with several 3.0 files and at least one 2.x (can’t remember which version). However, I was able to get a couple of 3.0 files to open.

Thanks for your help.

I had a couple of 3.0 files that wouldn’t load in 3.1.
The solution was to email them to Daniel Spreadbury, who not only fixed them up so that they would open, but implemented changes in order that I wouldn’t struggle with other similar files in future versions of Dorico.
There’s nothing that I (or, to the best of my knowledge, any other mere user) could have done to manually rescue the files.

Aidan, I’m sorry you’ve been having problems with this project. The good news is that it will open fine in the forthcoming minor bug fix update, which will be here very soon.

Lew, if you have projects that you can’t open in Dorico 3.1, please don’t suffer in silence. You need to attach the projects here or send them to me so that I can take a look at them.

The Dorico 3.1.10 update is now available: please install it and let me know if you still have problems with your project.

I installed the update and the file now opens successfully! Thanks!