Dorico 3.5.10 numbering

After upgrading to 3.5.10 on my iMac, I checked the “About Dorico” option to make sure that it had installed correctly and found that it shows the version as 3.5.0.1020 (May 18 2020). All the new features are there but the version number does not appear to have updated.

I tried upgrading again and rebooting but nothing seems to correct the incorrect version number.

Puzzled.

This is quite odd. Here’s what I see (also mac)

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.41.24 AM.png

Another thought: did you download the dmg file directly through the steinberg download assistant? And if so: did you choose the option to “update 3.5.x to 3.5.10” or did you try and download it from scratch? If you did the full “pro application installer” I wonder if the wrong version is linked in steinberg’s servers.

David, if you’re not seeing the right build number in the About Dorico window, you’re definitely not running the right version of the software. I suggest quitting, restarting your Mac, and then running the Dorico 3.5.10 installer, which will happily overwrite the installed software, and should hopefully bring you properly up-to-date.

Thanks Daniel and Romanos:

Originally, I selected the option within Dorico to check for updates, then downloaded the update through the link provided. This time I used the Steinberg Download Assistant and downloaded the complete installer. The download and install went well and I now have the correct version number.

Looking forward to checking out all the new features.