Recently upgraded to Dorico 3.5, as well as took advantage of the sale on Spitfire BBCSO Core. Decided to give it a try and see how well it all works together…
- I found a short organ piece that I thought would translate well to strings, and did the work to arrange it.
- Went in and tweaked some of the velocities on some of the staccato notes
- played a bit with the tempo curve in Play mode
- Exported to stems, did some final volume tweaking in the DAW, added some reverb (Altiverb)
- Some light compression and EQ in Sound Forge
I’m very impressed. This took about 4-5 hours total (and that was with me learning everything on the fly!)
To be able to get it so close in Dorico made the final tweaks in the DAW very quick and easy… I am so going to enjoy this. Congrats to the Dorico team as well as Spitfire… (this is my first Spitfire purchase, except for one tiny one on StaffPad) I am glad to have BBCSO Core to play around with, and its a neat tool to add to my arsenal!