Dorico 3.5 crashes by opening a simple file

Hello,

I’ve since yesterday a strange problem with Dorico 3.5. : I wrote last week a score (19 little flows for four string) and Dorico 3.5. crashed yesterday. I could start Dorico 3.5. and open some files, but no this file. If I just try to open also this file or also the old backups oft this file, then Dorico 3.5 crashed…

It was for me quite a shock, because I basically need the score this week, and it seemed all the string quartet files (the last and all the backups) are lost.

I could fortunately download an older version of Dorico (3) and it was possible to open the same file.

Nevertheless I can just start Dorico 3.5, the program works with other files and flows, but no with the string quartet. . .

Can somebody help me? Thank you!

Regard from Hamburg, Germany,

Ettore

Could you please choose from the main menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and attach the corresponding zip file here? Thanks

Bug Dorico.zip (169 KB)

ettore, it looks like you are still using Dorico 3.0.0. A free update to Dorico 3.1.10 is available, and you should urgently install that to see whether it fixes the problem. You can download the update from here.

Hi Ettore and Daniel,
this is a bit misleading. The screenshot shows a recent crash in Dorico 3.5.10 but the attached zip file contains a crash file of Dorico 3.0.0 from 2019, so the two don’t match up.

Ettore, please do as I suggested in the beginning, do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. The created zip file will contain automatically the latest crash files, plus the logs, so we can see what you were doing at the time of crashing. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (895 KB)

Ettore, you are still running Dorico 3.5.0, but Dorico 3.5.10 is available. Please download and install the update from here and see if that resolves the problem. If not, please zip up and attach the project that causes Dorico to crash when you open it.

Sorry Daniel, are you mixing up diagnostic files? All logs of Ettore show 3.5.10 as version. And there are plenty of crash files, too.

All of the crash logs are from 3.5.0, not 3.5.10.

Sorry, my text editor tricked me. You are right in that most of them are from 3.5.0 but the most recent one is from 3.5.10 (and actually looks same to all the others)

Ettore, please zip up and attach the project that won’t open so that we can take a look at it. If you can’t attach it here for whatever reason, please email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.