Dorico 3.5 figured bass question [ANSWERED]

In Walter Piston’s book “Harmony” he has the following exercise (fragment thereof shown):

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 11.39.32 AM.png[/attachment]

For the line extending after the numeral (in the above example) Piston has this to say: "A straight line placed after a figure means that the note represented by the figure is maintained by the harmony to the end of the line, regardless of the bass change. "

I’m having some trouble replicating this behavior in Dorico 3.5 but it might be the case that I just don’t know the correct popover text to use. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!

-t

Found in ‘Engraving Options’
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 11.39.32 AM.png

Another example:

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.10.08 PM.png[/attachment]

see ‘Engraving Options’
Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.10.08 PM.png

For the continuation line, enter the figure and then use Shift Alt Right to extend the line.

For two figures on one note, you can add the first, then move to the grid duration position and enter another; or create a suspension. Type 46->5, then Enter. You can move the position of the 5 with the mouse. Or with the Duration Property.

thanks, Ben.

the problem was the ‘5’ would vanish in the score (shown as <53> in the figured bass). in order to get the 5 to show, I had to change behavior in Engraving Options:

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 2.15.09 PM.png[/attachment]

Or use the “Literal” setting in Note Input Options.