Dorico 3.5 no Sound from Noteperformer (exclamation marks around the noteperformer text)

Hi!

I have just downloaded and installed Dorico 3.5 Pro as well as the newest noteperformer and I am unable to hear the noteperformer sound in Dorico (a common problem, I know…). I have tried a lot of things suggested on numerous threads, but I am not getting it to work. There are exclamation marks around the noteperformer “instrument” text on the right side of the play tab, which to my understanding means, the program is not finding the noteperformer vst plugin. I have gone to the vst plugin setup page and marked every possible folder regarding noteperformer as the vst2 plugin path (including the folder which has the noteperformer64.ddl file), and restarted dorico every time, but still no luck.

Intrestingly, I am also unable to hear any sound when choosing the HSSE+HSO (pro) as my playback template. Might be related, or not.

I am able to hear the sound when I choose East West’s Play as my instrument so at least something can work.

If anybody can help me I would much appreciate it.

Please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ from Dorico’s menu, and the corresponding zip file please send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.
I’ll take a look at that and come back later with more advice.

Hi there!

I’ve got basically the same issue. All of a sudden I have exclamation marks around my noteperformer and it wouldn’t play anything anymore. I’ve reinstalled both, dorico 3.5.10 and noteperformer 3.3.1, but no luck.

Is there a soultion to this problem already!

Thanks, Martin

Please see this sticky thread.

Where is that, now that the forums have changed?

Hi Daniel,

The link goes to the generic Steinberg page of available forums. Is there any way of finding the actual information within the Dorico form before the forum software change?