Dorico 3.5 upgrade. Can I uninstall 3.0?

Hi Folks,

Sorry to be a pain. 2 questions:

1./ I’ve been searching for half an hour & haven’t got anywhere. Not even lucky!!

Very simply: I upgraded to Dorico 3.5 yesterday. The installer didn’t remove 3.0. Can I uninstall it?

2./ I have used Sibelius for 20 years & did the crossgrade to Dorico last year, basically because I’m not too keen on the way AVID is dealing with Sibelius.

Will I eventually be able to get up to speed with Dorico? To be honest I haven’t got very far with it because I am so quick in Sibelius. I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Best wishes

Jeff

Yes, you can remove Dorico 3.0

As long as you realize that Dorico takes a different approach than either Finale or SIbelius and learn Dorico’s way of thinking about music, you can get very fast with it. Some find that although entry takes a little longer (initially), formatting for print is much faster.

Yeah delete Dorico 3.0 all is good.
Once you go Dorico you never go back.
Every thing looks much cleaner and better in Dorico to be honest.you can comapre how a score looks on Dorico vs Sibelius.
I suggest you to search for “Getting Started with Dorico 3.5” Book which is fantastic for any beginners.
Also It is super easy to make your layout and have a better cohesive score all around.

For getting started, have you looked at this page, pinned at the top of this forum’s directory? In particular, I recommend Dan Kreider’s downloadable beginner’s guide mentioned there. The official manual is wonderfully comprehensive and well organized, but Dan’s work is addressed to walking the overwhelmed newcomer through the most important initial concepts.

In particular, one has to be willing to let go of that initial feeling of “Sibelius did it this way, can I just continue to do that?” (which many of us have had) and give Dorico’s way a fair try. It can happen remarkably quickly once that decision is made.

I used Sibelius for a number of years and like you got a bit miffed with them, I particularly disliked that they moved to a subscription model. I made the move to Dorico early on and haven’t looked back. It is quite different in approach, but stick with it, it’s well worth the time put in to learn the new methods.

Hi Folks,

I’ve been offline for a few days so sorry for my tardy response.

Thankyou so much for your very helpful replies. At 66 I suppose I’m an old dog having to learn new tricks. Mind you, having recently retired I have a lot of time!!

While I’m here…I just upgraded to Wavelab 10 from 9.5. Can I uninstall 9.5 as well. Sorry it’s not to do with Dorico. Trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Best wishes

Jeff

Yes, you can uninstall WaveLab 9.5 if you no longer want to use it.

Thanks Daniel.