Dorico 3 and Note Performer

Hi

I just have installed Dorico 3 and tried to work directly. But

I have no sound
Noteperformer where is it . . .’

Can someone help me

Thank’s

Patrick

I appears you need to reinstall Noteperformer so it can tell Dorico 3 about its playback template.

Yes, that did it. Thank you.

Didn’t work for me. I reinstalled NotePerformer, restarted my computer, but still get this message (see screenshot).

Any other ideas?

I think we have to wait for a patch from Arne.

It’s strange that it worked for some people. Is this a windows/mac thing? I’m on Mac 10.14

Hi again

It don’t work at all

No sound no Noteperformer.
I can not find Noteperformer in the General settings like in Dorico 2
I can not find it in Playback template. After restart new installation . . . .
I have no sound at all.

Patrick

You know how I said “we have to wait for a patch from Arne”?

Note that right now the livestream is utilising NotePerformer with Dorico 3. It IS possible but it’s not necessarily possible for us users just yet.

Dorico 3 needs an updated expression map for NotePerformer. While we’re awaiting an update from Arne, we have a version that you can install yourself. Note that if you have a project that already uses NotePerformer then it will play back, with some omissions, but any newly created instruments won’t get loaded. Once you’ve installed these new files then NotePerformer should play back correctly and load new instruments.

First you’ll need to make a folder for the contents of the attached zip file to live in.

On Windows, in Windows Explorer go to %PROGRAMDATA%\Steinberg, where you will probably see a folder called Dorico 2. Create a folder called Dorico 3 alongside the existing Dorico 2 folder.

On Mac, in the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder and in the dialog that appears, type /Library/Application Support/Steinberg and click Go. You will probably see a folder called Dorico 2. Create a folder called Dorico 3 alongside the existing Dorico 2 folder.

Now copy the attached zip file into the Dorico 3 folder you’ve created, and unzip it there. You should end up with two folders, called PlaybackTemplateGenerators and PluginPresetLibraries.

Restart Dorico, and you should find that the NotePerformer playback configuration is now available in Dorico 3.
Dorico 3.zip (18.8 KB)

I have no sound at all

So where is the update.
I remember the time when I worked with Finale. It was the same
New update no sound … . .
I want only work with this fantastic program that Dorico is. But I need SOUND and not wasting my time

It’s in the post right before yours.

Now it works fine for me

Many thank’s

Dorico 3 needs an updated expression map for NotePerformer. While we’re awaiting an update from Arne, we have a version that you can install yourself. Note that if you have a project that already uses NotePerformer then it will play back, with some omissions, but any newly created instruments won’t get loaded. Once you’ve installed these new files then NotePerformer should play back correctly and load new instruments.

First you’ll need to make a folder for the contents of the attached zip file to live in.

On Windows, in Windows Explorer go to %PROGRAMDATA%\Steinberg, where you will probably see a folder called Dorico 2. Create a folder called Dorico 3 alongside the existing Dorico 2 folder.

On Mac, in the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder and in the dialog that appears, type /Library/Application Support/Steinberg and click Go. You will probably see a folder called Dorico 2. Create a folder called Dorico 3 alongside the existing Dorico 2 folder.

Now copy the attached zip file into the Dorico 3 folder you’ve created, and unzip it there. You should end up with two folders, called PlaybackTemplateGenerators and PluginPresetLibraries.

Restart Dorico, and you should find that the NotePerformer playback configuration is now available in Dorico 3.
Dorico 3.zip

Thanks Paul, that was fast!

It had to be - about 10 people starting asking on here, on facebook, in the live stream…!

But of course!!! :smiley:

If you only have 10 users on the first day, that sounds worryingly low :slight_smile:

Awesome!!! Yes, we people are already devouring Dorico Pro 3! :wink:

Trying to use the above mentioned fix, but can’t get it to work. Once the loading screen said “Audio engine process died”. Restarted Dorico and when I tried to initiate playback the program froze.