Dorico 3 & Audio Routing Output

Dorico 3 is not recognising any of my Audio Output Routing options, and will only now playback through the speakers on the host machine (in this case an AppleMac Mini 2018).

It refuses to route through my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, or indeed any other audio configurations setup on my machine. I am using Noteperformer 3.2 and have sucessfully downloaded and installed the tempory fix that Paul Walmsley issued yesterday and this is working absolutely fine.

There were never any issues with the previous version, Dorico 2.2.20

My Focusrite Scarlite 2i4 (and all other audio routing configurations) are working fine with all other applications, I spent spent most of the morning undertaking comphensive testing. I am aware that Dorico does not like to perhaps share its output with anything else, and have tested it will all other applications closed, so that Dorico 3 is the only application running, however, when playing back existing files, it will still only route the audio through the speakers of the host computer (MacMini) and nothing else.

Apart from that, everything appears fine, and many congratulations to the development team on a fabulous new release, of which I am working my way through the new features.

//Tim :smiley:

Strange. Please do similarly as before, start only Dorico, then load a project, check that sound comes out of built-in speakers.
Then go to Edit > Device Setup and try to change to Focusrite or even other interfaces you might have; does sound still only come out of the built-in speakers?
If so, please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report. That creates a zip file on your desktop, please post here in the forum or send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’.
Thanks

Thanks Ulf for a very prompt reply, and everything is now playing back exactly as I would expect it and routing correctly to all device outputs. I had incorrectly assumed, when when opening the project in Dorico 3, which had been created in the provious version that the project would carry forward these settings on being updated to a Dorico 3 project - wrong…!

Strange, I would have expected so as well. The audio routing gets saved in the project and only when the audio interface can not be found, it will default to built-in audio. That it defaulted in this case, I don’t know why. But it’s easy to fix, so…