Dorico 3 [bug]: Bar number x property doesn’t work

I searched the forum but without success.

The engraving property “Bar number x” does not work with Dorico 3 unlike the previous version.

[edit] The keyboard commands change the position numerically but graphically nothing happens.

I’m sorry to revitalize this topic, but I find odd that nobody checked it and replied.
With old and new projects, there’s no way to change the x/y properties of a single bar number in Dorico 3.

Please don’t bump threads. You can see that there are dozens upon dozens of threads being opened every day at the moment, and there are only a few of us on the development team able to look at and respond to them. I will look into this as soon as I can and come back to you. In the meantime, please be patient.

Being in the midst of a complicated project with the publisher asking for many of these minor changes, I was afraid that the topic would remain buried. I’m sorry to have irritated you. Lesson learned.

Oops… sorry Daniel, I emailed you about this same problem. I totally missed this thread.

It actually DOES work… if you close the file and re-open it, the graphical position is correct. Obviously not desirable, but if it’s just one or two to be moved, you can manage it.

Just to say that I’ve had a chance to look into this now and I can confirm that changes made to the bar number X and Y position will not always apply right away, but the values are set correctly, and once the layout is completely recreated (e.g. by changing Layout Options or Engraving Options, or by saving, closing and reopening the project) the updated values will be used. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we will have a fix for this in the next update.

Just found out that if you hide the bar number, then show it again, it will reappear in the modified position, respecting the X/Y values. Better than closing and reopening, right?

Lifesaver. Thank you!!!