Dorico 3 doesn't recognize midi keyboard

Hi!

I just purchased Dorico and I’m trying to use it with KORG nanoKEY but everything I tried has failed to solved to problem:

• I’ve tried installing some drivers Korg provides. Once I installed those, the driver software recognizes the keyboard, but not Dorico
  • I’ve tried unpluging the keyboard, close Dorico, plug it again, and reopen the software: The keyboard doesn’t appear in the list of available devices.
  • I’ve tried changing the USB port, but also didn’t work.

I’m using Windows 10, and Cubase 10 doesn’t recognize it either.

At this point I’m wondering if maybe this keyboard is too old…

Any help?

Thanks!

If Cubase also does not recognize it either, then it is a driver issue.

I recently had a tiny little Korg keyboard (I think it was a Nano) connected to my Win10 laptop and it worked immediately.
I did not need to install any driver for it, so it used some generic driver provided by Windows.
Have a look under Device Manager (right click on the Windows icon left most on the taskbar and from the pop up menu choose Device Manager).
Does the nanoKey show up there, maybe with an exlamation mark? Try to update the driver from there.

I haven’t had the chance to check with nanoKey, but I do have tried to connect to a steinberg interface, and I’ve worked without problems. I’ll check again with the other keyboard as soon as possible and give you feedback about it.

Thanks for the quick feedback :slight_smile:

Moe