Dorico 3 Download problem

I am receiving failed download attempts over and over again. “An error occurred while downloading Dorico Prod 3 Sounds Installer” for example.
Try again later - ok I do, continue to get the error with each try. This happened with both the application installer and the sounds installer but after many tries for the application installer I finally got it successfully. The sound installer takes many minutes to download, then there is a blue flashing line going back and forth before the error pops up. Needless to say every “try again” later takes another long time before I know if it’s successful or not.

Perhaps the download site is just incredibly busy but wouldn’t download assistant know to deal with slow downloads and insure file integrity?

Just wondering if I will have to TRY AGAIN (and again and again) or if there is a known issue that can resolve this?

I’m pretty sure the blue flashing line signifies a verification process, which would suggest the problem is discovered (though not necessarily caused) after downloading…

Yes, once the file is downloaded the download manager checks its integrity, and if it’s finding a problem then I’m afraid your only recourse is to download again. You could try these direct links to the downloads rather than downloading them via SDA:

Sounds installer for Dorico Pro 3 (Windows)

Sounds installer for Dorico Pro 3 (Mac)

Direct downloads worked out. Thanks

I, too, am having massive download problems for the sounds installer for Dorico 3. It always fails when I use the Download assistant. Always. I’ve lost track of how many times I have tried to download it. I found this conversation from Sept '19. and thought that the solution to my problem had been found. But, nope - when I tried using this direct link (windows) it just thinks a little while and then does Bupkis. Suggestions? (solutions?)

Welcome to the forum, Fidgit89. I’m afraid I don’t have any suggestions for you beyond trying the direct link again. I can confirm that the direct link above does still work.

well … I have tried the link an additional 3 times after I wrote here and once after I read your reply and it still does absolutely nothing on my computer. I have no idea what is blocking the download but since I cannot get a download to work, can you at least direct me to the business office so I can get a refund and delete what Dorico downloads have worked from my machine? I hate to do that but a partial Dorico is of no use to me and a distant deadline is starting to appear on the horizon. I have to do something and I have to do something quick. Any help you can give me toward that end would be most appreciated.

One possibility might be to make contact with another Dorico user who lives near you, perhaps with the help of the Dorico team, and obtain a copy of the downloaded files on a thumbdrive, before giving up on Dorico.

Which region do you live in ?

Houston, Texas

Since there are direct download links in this thread you probably don’t even need to find another Dorico user - just get somebody using a different internet connection to download it to a thumb drive.

Hey Fidgit89,

I’m in the same boat as you! I’ve tried innumerable times to install the sounds package from the download assistant and it crashes after failing to verify the download. I’ve also tried the direct download with absolutely no success whatever :frowning: I just get the following error message!
Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 19.25.47.png
Have you found a way around it at all?

Thanks!
Tom

Hi,

Do you have similar direct downloads for the Dorico Application Installer, I am having similar issues with that. I have tried downloading several times and always get the checksum error.

I get this everytime. It says failed download. another forum said to delete the .aria file, which I did which makes the download go green, but then when I run it I get this:
Extracting files to temporary folder
Extracting from Dorico_3.0.10_Installer_win.exe
Checksum error in Dorico\Additional Content\VST Sound\REVerence Content 01\FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
Checksum error in Dorico\Dorico3.msi

Have you run a check on your disk drive to make sure any bad sectors have been marked?

frankfro, you can indeed find direct links to the Dorico 3 application installer itself here.

thanks I’ll try that, but I havent any trouble with other software installs.

thanks Daniel, much appreciated, I’ll give them a go.

still no luck I’m afraid, I ran check disk and it found no issues. I tried the direct link download, but still get same error when running the exe file.
when I run it I get this:
Extracting files to temporary folder
Extracting from Dorico_3.0.10_Installer_win.exe
Checksum error in Dorico\Additional Content\VST Sound\REVerence Content 01\FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
Checksum error in Dorico\Dorico3.msi

That definitely suggests a problem with the download itself. Very strange! Do you have access to another computer you could download the files onto, then transfer them to your main machine by way of a USB drive?

ok thanks, I’ll give that a try.