Dorico 3 Elements doesn't recognize Kontakt 5 or 6

(Just in case this is helpful in diagnosing what is going wrong for those having trouble, I have Kontakt 6 on my machine and it has worked fine in Dorico through several updates of Windows. Before loading Kontakt 6, I had only the Kontakt Player on my machine.)

I thought it might be the admin thing as I do often run Dorico as admin otherwise the software e-licsenser has issues but I’ve looked up how to fix those issues and got managed to get Dorico running without admin now. So then started again, deleted relavant AppData stuff (the whole VSTAudioEngine3_64 folder, then just the blacklist and info files). Whatever happens, Kontakt always finds its way onto the blacklist xml.

It’s probably something to do with my setup but I’ve never had any other issues hosting Kontakt or other plugins anywhere else (Reaper, Renoise, Bidule, a few others).

I’ll monitor this thread in case someone has any further ideas but might just give up on plugin hosting in Dorico for now until there’s a fix and use a virtual midi port to run everything into Bidule. Funny that however many times I think my set up won’t need it anymore, Bidule saves the day!

Thanks for trying to help.

And how about uninstalling and reinstalling Kontakt? Have you tried that?
According to the Native support site, in that case it is important to use the Native un/installer in order that registry entries get cleaned up.

I’ve found a workaround to this problem that may be a nice solution to this or other instruments or effects conflicts. Usin DDMF’s Metaplugin I’ve successfully loaded Kontakt 6 on dorico and have been using it now for some months without issue.

Just to say same problem here with Dorico 3.5 SE & Kontakt 5.7.3. Last post on this topic was Wed Nov 11, 2020. Any progress with a fix / reliable workaround?

e2r2fx wrote “Usin DDMF’s Metaplugin I’ve successfully loaded Kontakt 6 on dorico and have been using it now for some months without issue.” Well done that (wo)man. DDMF’s Metaplugin not only solves this problem, but using it Kontakt and Keyscape both load faster and open large libraries much faster in Reaper as well.

No idea why that should be but it is so! After staying up half the night frowning, trying to find a solution, I can now go to bed with a silly grin on my face.

P.S. Metaplugin looks really useful anyway (apart from the above) with many other uses so I won’t even have to resent paying £34 (GBP) for a workaround. So thanks again e2r2fx for turning me onto a really useful Plugin that has earned it’s keep instantly…

You can get the demo here (I haven’t hit any limitations but I assume it’ll time out sometime…
https://ddmf.eu/downloads/
Or buy it here…
https://sites.fastspring.com/ddmf/product/metaplugin