Dorico 3 Roman Numeral Analysis?

Does Dorico 3 have any Roman Numeral analysis features added?

If not, what are the best work arounds for the time being?

I didn’t see Roman Numeral analysis through the online help document of Dorico 3 at this time.
You can periodically check this by yourself (using keyword search through the help document).

No. Your best bet is to use staff text, set to “below.” There are several fonts that make this easier, including Finale Numerics.

For basic analysis, you can copy-paste from this document: https://www.dankreider.com/dorico-resources

Just today I tried using the Campania font with Dorico 3, which I intended to use with lyrics. I loaded the font and could find it using MS-Word but it didn’t display correctly. Dorico when I tried to set the lyrics font didn’t find it. In fact, Dorico’s list of fonts would not scroll past into the M-Z list of alphabetized fonts, which seems like a bug.

I had some other trouble with Dorico spilling the bottom of its window underneath my monitor. I looked under the desk but, alas, those “bass notes” are unhearable! Restarting Dorico fixed that problem, but it still could not find the fonts. Even rebooting didn’t help. Dang, I really wanted to try Campania for Roman Numeral Analysis.

You can always use afdko to edit the font postscript name to make sure you can access it in the alphabetical order you want.

Afdko requires python 3. You can install it through macports or homebrew. After that, you need to install pip3, then use pip3 to install afdko by following Adobe’s instructions written on the afdko GitHub repository page.

Here comes my two bucks (steps to temporarily achieve your needs at this time):

1. Enumerate all kinds of Roman Numeral symbols (whether single or compounded) on your paper.

2. Make the symbols one by one using any SVG creator or generator. (Maybe Adobe Illustrator or Sketch.)

3. Take advantage of the “edit music symbol” function:
    Edit Music Symbol dialog

Properly typeset roman numerals don’t have the same letter spacing that you get from just typing “VII” etc in a standard text font. Unicode has a separate range of symbols for them to recognize this fact. It is possible to define a feature set for this in OpenType.

When Dorico does this in some future version, I would guess they are going to do it right!