Dorico 4.1 New Project Real-Time Playing Issue

@Thurisaz , in that case there is no BBCSO Player there with me, because as you just mentioned before, nothing will be loaded because BBCSO does not have a piano. So there is nothing to switch. I can only add another VST like e.g. Pianoteq.

Hi @Ulf,
Yes, there is no an instance of BBCSO Player in that case, so you need to add different player
which has piano library. I’m using Synchron Player + Soft Imperial, or Kontak and there is no
sound, no matter that everything is routed correctly.
I’m able to get sound only if some notes are inserted on the staff, but not while pressing the keyboard keys.

P.S: I also tried with Steinberg The Grand library. The result is the same - silence.

Cheers,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

Hi @Thurisaz , and you mean with there is no sound that no sound comes when you play the MIDI keyboard, right? Sound will come out when you hit the Play button, that is at least with me here the case.
And that nothing comes out when you play the MIDI keyboard is exactly the same issue as you just reported before.

Hi @Ulf,
Yes, I’m not able to get sound when I’m playing on the keyboard. On playback the is sound, if there are inserted notes.
Most probably it’s already fixed.
Just sometimes it routes to the Beep, sometimes to silence…

Thank you very much for your time and hard work, Ulf! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

1 Like

This works for me, thanks

But it keeps failing, suddenly it stops the sound when I play, also when I press play from some point of the score suddenly stops the sound, it is quite strange, I stop the playback and it starts playing again.

Hi @Martin_Reyna_Zuniga , I presume that is a different issue then. If that happens to you again, please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file. Let’s see if I can find out something. Thanks

1 Like

hi ! i’m having the same issue, and loading templates with more than one instrument hasn’t helped. i’m not exactly sure what to do with the vst and midi instruments in ‘play’ mode, but i’ve tried a few different variations with no luck.

just wondering if there has been any progress made on this front since this thread was current ?

thanks !

holly

Hi @Holly_arsenault ,
there was one bug which got fixed already quite some time ago. But in this thread several problems have been raised, so I do not know what you mean by saying you have the same issue. Please explain in detail what you are doing resp. what you are expecting to happen. Thank you very much.