Dorico 4.3 crashes when editing/deleting chord symbols

Each time I delete or change a chord symbol Dorico crashes. I am using version 4.3 with macOS Catalina (version 10.15.7)

Can you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here?

Pardon my tardy reply. I do so appreciate your alacrity, @dspreadbury

I no longer have this issue. I don’t know why it was crashing that day, but the following day I was able to edit and delete chord symbols without crashing.

It would still be very interesting to see those crash dumps, if you care to upload your diagnostics.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (476.8 KB)

Thanks for the diagnostics. Unfortunately there are no crash logs contained within, so at the moment I can’t investigate further. Please let me know if the problem recurs.

I have kind of two similar issues with Dorico 4.3.20 on macOS Monterey (I’ve tried on M1 Pro (attached diagnostics) and on Intel I7, both issues on both machines):
Dorico is crashing when entering a chord symbol.
It doesn’t happen every time, but once in a while.
I got it to crash when moving along a few bars, then move back with the left arrow and then entering the symbol. As soon as I press “Space” it crashes.
I attached the Diagnostics named “Dorico Diagnostics_Chord Symbols.zip”.

Another very similar problem happens, when I’m in another project with existing chord symbols and want to set the guitar to use chord diagrams.
As soon as I select what Diagrams I’d like to have in Setup Mode it crashes.
This happens every time.
Diagnostics for that are attached as “Dorico Diagnostics_Chord Diagrams.zip”.

Any tips how to solve that appreciated! My current workarounds are quite time consuming…

Dorico Diagnostics_Chord Symbols.zip (1.2 MB)
Dorico Diagnostics_Chord Diagrams.zip (1.5 MB)

Welcome to the forum, @daschieber. I’m sorry you’ve been experiencing this crash. I believe we have a fix for this specific issue in our development builds and we expect it to be fixed in the next update.

Hello
Dorico 4.3 crashes when the generate from the chord symbols chooses Use existing rhythm…
Dorico diagnostic is too big here

Thanks in advance
Sigitas