Dorico 4.3 Drop-Down List Improvement Request

Hello Dorico team,
Finally “by Vendor” structure is part of the drop-down plugin list, which was a long awaited improvement. Thank you very much for making it available! :slight_smile:
I would like to ask for a small, Cubase inspired, change that will improve the navigation through the list.
Here is how it’s designed in Cubase, and I find it more comfortable than the current one in Dorico:

Currently we have to move too much with the mouse when selecting the plugins from the drop-down list.
In Cubase you could navigate to the vendor, expand it, and select the plugin without moving away.

Here is how it works in Dorico (in case I would like to select Wallander > Noteperformer):
Step One:

Step Two:

Of course there is no perfect solution but I find the one in Cubase more comfortable and faster.
It’s really well designed in Cubase.

Best regards,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The VEP selection box is very nice too and looks similar to Cubase (which I don’t own). You can simply type in what you are looking for, similar to how you can in Setup mode when adding an instrument, or you can select from Favorites that you’ve preselected, or you can expand menus to access everything. It’s quite compact, yet everything is very accessible.

3 Likes

Hi @FredGUnn,
The one in VE Pro is another well designed drop-down list which can be taken as an example how such menu should be designed.
I really like the option for custom “Favorites” plugin section. :slight_smile:
Thank you for sharing it! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We would like to add filtering etc. to this menu in due course, and I’m sure at some point in a future version we will return to this area to make some further improvements.

2 Likes

BIG hug for VEPro-style favourites…