Dorico 4.3 often crashing on first document load/creation

Actually, you are quite right. I tried it myself with the VST2 search paths, and indeed, you edit it, but it gets changed back to what it was before. This is a bug in Dorico and I will file it in our bug database.
The workaround would be to directly edit the file
%APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico 4 AudioEngine_64\Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths Dorico 4 AudioEngine.xml
in a text editor and get rid of the entries, but I don’t know if you feel comfortable enough for it.

I tried this, making the file look like this:

Dorico VST2 search path

However, when I started Dorico again and looked at the preferences, the paths were there again. Closing Dorico did not seem to change the contents of the file, so maybe it is loading some defaults if it doesn’t find anything? Or maybe I should have deleted more than I did?

Also, after this, I tried deleting the paths again in Dorico’s preferences. Once I did that and exited Dorico, the paths were back in the file.

Ah, sorry, you are right. As soon as you close Dorico the old paths are written back to that xml file. So my workaround actually does not work. We have to fix it properly in the code. Apologies for putting you on the wrong track.

1 Like