Dorico 4 + NotePerformer?

Thanks a lot for the assistance Ulf.

1 Like

If I recall, isn’t NP integrated directly into Sibelius’ mixer, though? I’m curious what sort of different implementation Dorico has that would prevent NP from similarly being eventually integrated directly into the Dorico 4 mixer as well (which would help workflow I’m sure) (of course, I’m saying this not being the least bit a computer programmer myself so just curious :-))…
Best -
D.D.

Primarily the difference between Sibelius’s Mixer and Dorico’s is that Sibelius’s isn’t a proper audio Mixer – it’s a MIDI mixer.

1 Like

Hello Guys,
I seem to have a problem running NP with my newly installed Dorico 4.
So… I was wanting to use NP again so I downloaded the lastest version (it wasn’t on my system anymore).
And this is what I get (check the screenshot) in play mode.
Something is going wrong but I can’t figure it out.
I did uninstall & re-install NP to be sure… Still didn’t work.
Any help would be much appriciated.
I’m still running a MBP 2013 i7 on Mojave.

Capture d’écran 2022-01-26 à 15.47.18
This is what it looks like in my Dorico 3.5
NP is the latest update 3.3.2

Please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ in both Dorico 3.5 and 4 and attach the corresponding zip files to a reply here. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks Ulf!
This is the Dorico 4 report:
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.3 MB)

The Dorico 3.5 report seems too heavy to be posted on the forum… It’s 7Mo.
Sorry about that!

Thanks for the data. What is so heavy in the other diagnostics file? Is it the crashes folder?
Maybe you can prune that out.

@Xavier_Sibre , are you absolutely sure that you have the latest 3.3.2 version of NotePerformer? Because Dorico 4 blacklisted your NotePerformer, but I can:t see which version number it is. Please reconfirm.
In the crashes folder are 2 crashdumps of the audio engine, but both are pointing at BBCSO as the culprit for the crash.

Sadly I am sure I installed the 3.3.2 version of NP.
I will try and make the diagnostic file smaller.
Thanks for your help!

@Xavier_Sibre , or send to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de.

@Ulf Ok :wink:

Towards helping the forum:
I did manage to solve this problem and whilst I am ashamed of not having thought of it spontaneously…
I do recommend this as being the first thing to do in case of buggy libraries:
CLEAR AUDIO ENGINE CACHE
Hope it helps someone out there one day!

1 Like

I am having the same probelm, but I’m on windows.

Welcome to the forum, @luxo.obmb.
Please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (529.0 KB)
I tried reinstalling both dorico 4 and 3.5 and np multiple times, but that didn’t work sadly

@luxo.obmb , Dorico does recognize your NP but it can’t load it because it is installed on your D drive. For the reason why NP has to be installed on the C drive please ask Wallander Instruments, I don’t know.
If you don’t have enough space on your C drive, you could move all the Dorico sound contents files out to your D drive by help of the Steinberg Library Manager. Select a Library in there and then click the Move button on the right.

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (541.3 KB)
I reinstalled noteperformer on my C drive, deleted the version on my D drive and cleared audio engine cache in dorico, but it still does not seem to work, neither sound nor the ‘e’ button.
I believe my library is also already fully on D, but space isn’t necessarily a problem.

Hi @luxo.obmb , that is strange. Everything looks fine except for that still the logs show that NP does not get loaded.
How about if you reapply the playback template to your project or if you start a new project, still the same?

And you moved out the Dorico sound library, but there are also all the HALion Sonic SE libraries and HALion Symphonic Orchestra, and those are still on the C drive (according to the logs). Especially HALion Symphonic Library is big (about 9GB), so it is worth considering moving at least that out.