Dorico 4 playback issues - random loud notes

Same problem here. Sometimes singers (no other playing techniques than natural and legato here…) would have their volume raised a lot, then back to normal. I know there wasn’t such behavior in 3.5. Hopefully the team and or Wallander will find out the problem.

Well, if you’re sure it’s new in Dorico 4, let’s have some reproducible cases so we can look into it.

1 Like

I think I can pinpoint how/when this occurs. When I make small changes, then hit Playback to see if it’s worth keeping, I’ll hit Save while playback is still taking place. Within a note or two, one of the upper parts - usually the flute - will suddenly jump in volume. Could others try this to see if it triggers the behavior? Obviously this can’t be captured via exporting the audio as there is no Save function to invoke during that process.

I can confirm that this happens to me too. I can trigger the behaviour by pressing cmd-S to save while playing back and on of the upper parts all of a sudden gets much louder.

Here’s a video of this happening.

Playback Bug.zip (3.0 MB)

I usually save while playing and have never experienced anything like that. Sorry!

Yes, and the interesting thing is that it is always one of the upper staves/parts.

I had this problem recently and traced it back to a faulty MIDI expression pedal, which would sometimes randomly fire MIDI data without being touched.