Dorico 4 playback - no sound

I have just upgraded from dorico 3 to version 4.
I have also upgraded my vsl libraries to VSL synchron se libraries
I have started a very simple score but am not getting any sound out and dont know where to look

Thanks
Peter

Hi. There’s a very useful Troubleshooting audio Video , I suggest you start watching it.

Adding to Marc, and if after going through that video you are still without sound, create a project from piano template, do from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

1 Like

Have you downloaded the Dorico Expression Maps and Playback Template that VSL provides? If not, go to their site, log in to MyVSL, and click MyDownloads. Under “Notation Related” download the “VSL for Dorico Installer.” After installing, in Dorico go to Play/Playback Template then apply the one that corresponds to your libraries as below:

After that they should be working for any of the VSL instruments you own.

1 Like

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (532.2 KB)

hi - yes, thanks, I had already downloaded and run the ‘VSL for dorico installer’ which also appears to have installed the expression maps.

Hi @wulfpete1 ,
from the logs everything looks quite normal, except that the output is currently routed to Realtek Digital Output and not your Focusrite. Is that what you want?
If not, go to Edit > Device Setup and change the ASIO driver.

Hi. I was convinced I had already checked the routing options and made the appropriate changes. For some reason I don’t think my changes had been saved. Anyway, now things are working as they should be, so thanks to everyone who helped.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Unable to hear playback in Dorico 5

Thanks, Derrek. I guess so, I may check the version number tomorrow, have my PC at work. Ulf will help me via zoom tomorrow. Br Helge

Quick follow up: Helge is set now, everything working. Turned out to be the usual hook in the GLLD Asio driver about exclusive access, plus some other nitbits.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick and competent help, Ulf. It was quickly done. I think the challenge was that Pianoteq 8 used a different driver than Dorico 5, when both use Asio it works fine. We right-clicked the speaker symbol at the bottom right, went into the sound settings and switched off a function under advanced. Under Edit/Device Setup in Dorico we also switched off the top function. I also noticed that you can turn up the overall level under preferences/play/default output level in Dorico. So now the volumes on Dorico, Pianoteq and YouTube are at the same level.