Dorico 4 SE fails to start

Yes, it is working now! Thank you for the quick support!

1 Like

Hi @Ben_at_Steinberg , could it be that user Tweswend (here in this same thread) experiences the same situation like MBO?

Yes you’re right - sorry I missed that.

@Tweswend - I’ve recreated your Dorico SE license now so if you close Dorico, sign out of and close Steinberg Activation Manager, wait 10 seconds, and open Steinberg Activation Manager and sign in again it should start working.

Sorry for the problem!

1 Like

Excellent! It is working Now! Thanks a lot! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

hello, I also have a problem with running Dorico 4 se. I install Dorico 4 SE via Steinberg Download Assistant, but it starts Dorico 4 Pro. Of course, I do not have a license for Dorico Pro, so I get a message about the lack of a license. What should I do?

It sounds like you might be one of the unlucky few to have got a very early Dorico SE license with a server-side misconfiguration. I’m sure Ben will look into this for you as soon as he’s able, and hopefully resolve this for you.

In the meantime, it would be worth trying to sign out of SAM, quit it, wait for 20 seconds, then run it again and sign in once more: Ben may have already repaired your license on the server side, in which case signing out and signing back in again should sort it out.

Hi @Andrey_Kostrov - I’ve recreated your Dorico SE license so if you sign out of and close Steinberg Activation Manager, wait more than 10 seconds, then launch and sign back in, it should start working. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks a lot, everything worked!