Dorico 4 SE hangs on startup (macOS Monterey 12.3)

I was going with this, but of course I may have misinterpreted.

Thanks Pianoleo.
I do mean re-starting my computer actually.
For instance, just now this morning, I get to my desk and Dorico has frozen overnight. So I will force-quit Dorico, but then when I relaunch Dorico immediately, after force-quitting, Dorico will hang on the launch screen.
Sequence of events: Dorico freezes/hangs in the middle of the night while computer is sleeping → force quit Dorico in morning → re-launch Dorico → Dorico hangs on startup screen → force quit again → restart computer → launch Dorico

Then Ulf, yeah. thanks, if it’s no trouble, for sure I’d like to get a beta version.
A

That’s exactly my point. There is a separate process called VST Audio Engine that you can find in Activity Monitor and Force Quit. It’s this hanging process that’s making Dorico hang.
If you only Force Quit Dorico, it still won’t be able to interact with the (hanging) audio engine when you reopen Dorico.

Rather than restarting your computer, Force Quit VST Audio Engine. That way when you reload Dorico it’ll be able to (automatically) reload and interact with VST Audio Engine.

2 Likes

If you shut down your computer (or at least quit Dorico) before you go to bed, you may save some time in the morning.

1 Like

:grin:
if only life were so simple.

A

Amazing. I didn’t know this.

cheers Leo.