Dorico 4 SE not launching on Windows 10

Hi

I’m no more having any support in mysteinberg (For Indian region) account. That leaves me only way to get help is this forum. Am I missing something?

I wanted to try Dorico for first time and downloaded the free SE version. I installed it on windows 10 well. However, it doesn’t launch. Can I get some help here?

Regards
Anil

Here’s is the crash dump.
Dorico 4 AudioEngine 5.0.30.156 64bit 2022.7.30 10.48.dmp (372.2 KB)
Dorico 4 AudioEngine 5.0.30.156 64bit 2022.7.29 11.13.dmp (352.6 KB)

Hi @anilnc ,
sure you can get help here. I’ve had a look at the dumps and the crash is in the Generic Low Latency Driver. It’s very unsual that this driver crashes but it is as it is.
To work around that try renaming the folder C:/Program Files/Steinberg/ASIO and rename that ASIO folder to something else, e.g. _ASIO. Then try to start Dorico again, is it then launching?
But to get sound out you definitely need a sound driver, so you could try with the free ASIO4All or even better with FlexASIO. You switch the driver under Edit > DeviceSetup.
I hope this helps :smiley:

Hi Ulf,

Thanks. I’m using RME UCX and a long time user of Cubase currently using Cubase 12. So is renaming this really required as i’m using RME drivers? I can try anyhow to see what happens.

After renaming the ASIO first attempt Dorico didn’t launch, that was my previous reply. As force quitting it and retrying finally launched Dorico, I deleted the previous reply.

If you are using an RME interface you don’t need the Generic Low Latency driver.

Why didn’t Dorico not scan the rme drivers and instead stuck with generic drivers scanning?

Dorico uses by default the GLLD, everything else you have to actively select yourself. Unfortunate in your case is, that the GLLD crashes and therefore you never got to the point where you could choose the other driver. That’s why I gave the advice to remove the GLLD.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll delete the GLLD then.