Dorico 4 won't open at all on Windows 10

Hello!
When I try and open Dorico 4, nothing loads. I’ve checked the task manager and it’s not there. The audio engine isn’t running either. I’ve also tried opening the eLiscenser as others have suggested, but it still won’t open at all. I was wondering if anyone could assist me with this issue?
I’ve tried reinstalling and restarting and although it may open at that instance, once I exit the program, it won’t open again.

My specs are
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 5800x
64GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen

DoricoDiagnosticsReport.zip (827.4 KB)
open.

Welcome to the forum @James7932 and sorry to hear about your trouble.

Well, Task Manager is a bit unreliable in showing background tasks. May I therefore ask you to download the free utility Process Explorer from here? It’s tiny and does not need an installation, just download, unpack and use it.
If you start Process Explorer, there is a long list of processes, scroll all the way down to the end of the list where you should see also Dorico and the VST Audio Engine processes. Are there also one or more processes with vstscanner or vst2xscanner in the name. Could you maybe take a screenshot and post here?
Also, do you have by any chance NotePerformer installed and an AMD graphics card? That combination is also famous for causing such trouble.

Hi thanks for your reply. It’s been a while, but I think I’ve fixed the issue. I thought I’d explain what changed so anyone else with this issue can come here.

Sometimes Dorico doesn’t show up in the Task Manager so Process Explorer was the way to go to end the process.

I think Noteperformer was causing Dorico not to open. I was using the trial at the time, meaning I had to open and reclose every hour. After some time, Dorico just wouldn’t open at all. Since buying a license, I haven’t had this issue. I wish I knew why this was the case exactly but that’s all I’ve got haha.

I’m using an Nvidia GPU by the way.