Dorico 5.0.20 crashes very often while exporting PDF in Print mode

Hi Dorico team,

Since I updated to Dorico 5 a few months ago, I very often encounter crashes while trying to export PDF in print mode. I usually need to be quick enough to print before it crashes. When launching Dorico 5 after a crash, it will always ask me to send to error dump to Steinberg and I did all the time. Not sure if the team will check into those uploaded crash dumps or, so I decided to post here. Hopefully you can look into it and fix it in future updates.

Attached is the diagnostic report right after a crash for investigation.

Thank you!

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (3.8 MB)

I’m not part of the Team, but I understand it’s a very good idea to post those diagnostics, because the problem you’re experiencing is certainly not an usual one (at least not one that we’ve seen many reports about in this forum) and it’s worth trying to solve this on a one-to-one manner. The feedback sent to Steinberg via Dorico is anonymous and does not describe your whole system as these diagnostics do, so they will be way more efficient to help you!

The crash you’re experiencing, Roger, is one that we have seen a number of times, and it’ll be fixed in the next update. I’m sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

5 Likes

That’s excellent news!

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much Daniel!