Dorico 5 crashing on startup

Hi, just installed Dorico 5 on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). Authorisation seemed to go OK. On startup there is an error saying that Dorico can’t connect to audio engine so has to quit.
Any hints as to what I may be doing wrong appreciated.
(Have restarted but no change.)
Diagnostics attached.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (60.9 KB)
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, @kevmogs. It looks like HALion Sonic SE might be causing a crash. You might consider uninstalling HALion Sonic SE, given that it’s now been retired in favour of HALion Sonic.

Thanks Daniel, will try that.

Hi,
Tried looking for Halion Sonic SE but it does not seem to be on my system - checked applications folder and both libraries and only one folder found, which was empty . I moved this to the bin and restarted - no change. Also, it was replaced when I checked again so appears to be automatically installed by Dorico on opening.
I may have had the sampler installed in the past but don’t know how to find the problem code.
I can see the entries in the crash log referring to it but I am not a programmer.
Thanks

Have a look in /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3. There should be a HALion Sonic SE.vst3 plug-in there. Try moving it out of the way.

Adding to Daniel, though I’m not 100% sure as well, but also have a look under

MacintoshHD/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components

It could be installed there as well.

Hi there,
It was the one that Ulf indicated.
Many thanks for your help guys.
Best wishes,
Kevin

1 Like