Dorico 5 playback not working (no light bars on halion sonic)

Hello,
So I just installed Dorico 5 o my laptop, and the playback is not working. I think ti is with halion sonic. When I press notes on the keyboard of halion sonic, there is no activity in the level bars. I believe all is downloaded, but I cannot figure out how to fix it. My initial presumption is that there is not connection between the Dorico and Halion sonic. If there is a way to fix it, I would appreciate help

Welcome to the forum, @michael_azar .

Can you go to the Help menu and create a Diagnostic Report to post here so @Ulf or @dspreadbury can look at it when they get to work tomorrow morning?

Since this is your first post, you may find the following information helpful about attaching things to the forum.

Also, in the bottom right corner of your Dorico screen, a little green dot should flash whenever you play notes on your MIDI keyboard. If that does not happen, then the signal is not reaching Dorico. If it is on all the time, then some controller value is broadcasting constantly (a feedback loop?) which blocks your intended signals.

greenDotFlash

To make it a little more precise, first open a project which should produce audio (but does not for reasons we still need to uncover) and then choose from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report. That creates a DoricoDiagnostics.zip on your desktop. Please send us that one. Thanks