Dorico 5 settings to a new computer

Hi there! After some reading here on the forum I’m having difficulty finding Dorico 5 settings to transfer to a new computer.

at: Macintosh HD|Library|Application Support|Steinberg|Dorico 5
that folder is empty

at: {myname}| there is no Library folder

or perhaps I don’t have access to it (not being shown)

Where do I find Dorico 5 settings on my MacBook Pro using Sonoma?

I’m pretty sure that you can view hidden items in a folder by pressing Cmd+Shift+.

I think the Library folder you are after should be in your username folder.

The user Library folder is hidden by default. When in Finder, open the „Go-To“ menu while holding the option-key to make it visible.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thank you.

So now just copy everything in this Dorico 5 folder to the new computer - same place?

There are 3 folders and about 28 files.

1 Like

Yes, though do beware that if your user account folder name is different between the two computers, you’ll have problems with auto-save on the new computer. For example, if your user account is called “DavidInToronto” on the old computer and “David26” on the new computer, you’ll need to modify the preferences.xml file in the Dorico 5 folder in a text editor.

Once you’ve copied the folder to your new computer, open preferences.xml in a text editor, and look for this section:

<autoSavePath>
			<type>string</type>
			<value>/Users/DavidInToronto/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 5/AutoSave</value>
		</autoSavePath>

You need to update the bit between /Users/ and /Library/ with the correct folder name for your new computer, e.g.

<autoSavePath>
			<type>string</type>
			<value>/Users/David26/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 5/AutoSave</value>
		</autoSavePath>