Dorico 5 looks great! Congrats to the team!
I’ve been experiencing crashes, however, when trying to start a VST. Here are steps to reproduce in a basic form along with a diagnostics report:
- Start Dorico 5
- From hub, create new solo piano project
- Click Play mode button
- Click VST and MIDI tab
- Add VST instrument - HALion Sonic
- In VST, select YamahaS90ES Piano on channel 1
- Back in Dorico, click Track Inspector tab
- Select HALion Sonic from dropdown menu for piano track → VST window closes, piano channel is added to mixer in lower zone
- Click Write mode button → hangs
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.5 MB)
This might be the same issue as here, but not sure.