Dorico and CMYK

Are there any plans to support or improve on CMYK color space? Things like changing a note color to a cmyk value and exporting PDFs in cmyk color space?
Thanks for your answer!

We certainly don’t rule it out for the future, but it’s not something that is likely to be implemented in the near future, I’m afraid.

May this workaround works with you?
Export the SVG and use other softwares to batch-replace colors to CMYK.

Thanks. I’ve already been replacing colors from writing scores in Musescore for years. I was hoping a software more focused on publishing would have higher priority on CMYK but that’s unfortunately (for me) not the case.

While it’s crucial that Dorico supports true monochrome export for printing, relatively few scores require colour, of course. The underlying framework we’re using doesn’t provide support for CMYK colour, which means it’s not a simple thing to implement. We certainly don’t rule it out, and indeed we plan to support it, but it’s not currently a sufficiently high priority for us to be working on it. I know it’s disappointing to hear that, and I’m sorry.

I appreciate your honesty! Working around and/or against a framework is never easy. Thanks for clarifying why it is not a high priority right now. I must admit my wishes are always quite special. I just want to let you know that I am nevertheless very impressed by every update.