Dorico and Eastwest Word Builder - problem?

Ah, sorry, I was not clear, I meant the phoneme/lyrics transmission via the Note Expression protocol!

Greetz,
B.

As far as I know, no, that is not done. Vocaloid in conjunction with Cubase can do that, but only by means of an internal, not public interface.

1 Like

it would be nice if Wordbuilder was obsolete but Iā€™m not aware of any other plug-in which can sing choral text. Of course there are things like Synth 5/Vocaloid for pop music but thatā€™s hardly the same. Certainly better than these for more serious music is Cantamus but this requires an analysis of a MusicXML file on their website and if you donā€™t like something, you have limited control as this technology is not available as a plug-in.

In the meantime, the EWQL Opus player has improved enough to replace PLAY in my view and until something better comes along, thatā€™s what Iā€™ll continue to use for choral music.

Fair point, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s only a matter of (short) time until thereā€™s a choir library that uses the techniques from Vocaloid or SynthV for that purpose.
Plus, Iā€™m pretty sure you can massage 16 channels of native English singers from SynthV into a small choir by using the softer articulations or other means. I tried recently with a tune here https://on.soundcloud.com/j4xr1, but thatā€™s Pop music as well, of course. Still, the pronounciation and phrasing is way better than anything Iā€™ve ever gotten out of Word Builder.
BTW, I was rather referring to Word Builderā€™s way of piecing together snippets of vocals using precise MIDI timing, that seems like old tech now.

Cheers,
B.

the new speech synthesis models are unquestionably better with text than Wordbuilder but until I hear actual choral (in a traditional classical style) music produced by one, I have little choice but to continue with the old technology.