Dorico Becomes Unresponsive and Crashes Often

Daniel,

Here’s the crash data (4 occurrences) I mentioned (occurs while copying from one project to another).
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.02 MB)

This is the crash on Catalina that we are currently investigating.

Sorry that Apple adds to your headache. I am!
Just a tiny bit of update: last night I installed the Catalina 10.15.1 update, and yet this morning the crashes happened again.
So, they (Apple) haven’t corrected whatever is causing the crash.

I’m experiencing this behavior after a reinstall - I was hoping to rectify the crash on saving behavior (Computer für Audioanwendungen - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums), since I do not use NotePerformer which is evidently the current workaround. But this is now even worse and I can’t work for any length of time at all. I’m attaching diagnostics, and here also are my specs:

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)
1.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

It’s a modest machine, but up until 3.0.10 it’s served my purposes well.

Of note: every time I reboot Dorico, it launches the “tour” when I first go to Setup, Write, Engrave modes, etc. This is new since the reinstall.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (701 KB)

Borosini, I’m afraid it looks very much as if you are experiencing the same kinds of eLicenser-related crashes as many other Mac users at present. We are working on a solution for this problem and hope to have more news in the next week or so. In the meantime, please bear with us, and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks Daniel- I had missed that development that the problems are related to the eLicenser. Glad to know there has been progress; I’ll await a forthcoming update.

Dorico 3.5. (the latest version) keeps randomly crashing (or freezing). Attached find the diagnostics report. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1002.4 KB)

Ben, you’re still running 3.5.10 at the moment. Can you try updating to version 3.5.12 to see whether that helps? You can download the updater here.

The newest version of Dorico that you recommended I installed didn’t solve the crashing problem. Diagnostics report attached.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.4 MB)

Thanks for sending the diagnostics through, Ben. The single crash log contained in the diagnostics looks like it might have something to do with the audio or plug-in setup on your computer. Are you running any third-party virtual instruments or effects? What kind of audio hardware/interface, if any, are you using with your Mac?