Dorico causes error message in Cubase

Since I installed the Dorico 4 Pro Trial I get this error message every time I open Cubase Elements 10. It’ll go away by clicking on OK. Apparently it has something to do with the new licensing system, but it sure is annoying. Can this be fixed?

This isn’t an easy problem to solve, unfortunately. You have a licence for Olympus Micro as part of your Dorico Pro 4 trial, and the licence for this is handled by the new Steinberg Licensing system. When Cubase starts up it scans all your sample content to see whether you’re allowed to use it. Cubase 10 doesn’t know about the Steinberg Licensing system, so it can’t find a licence for Olympus Micro, and that’s what it’s telling you. Ideally Cubase would have some way of hiding the warning, but Cubase 10 is no longer under active development so it’s difficult to make that change there.

In the longer term there will probably be some changes to the way we “bridge” between the old eLicenser world and the new Steinberg Licensing world, but it isn’t a simple fix.

If you aren’t using Olympus Micro at all you could delete that vstsound, which will prevent it being scanned by Cubase.

If I un-install the Dorico Trial (which I wll at some point), will this resolve this problem?
As per your new suggestion - to un-install the Choir (I have no need for it ) - how exactly would I go about that? Just deleting its files robably wouldn’t do it, and I don’t think it is listed as a separate program that can be “officially” un-installed?

If you run the Steinberg Library Manager you will find it listed there, and can remove it using the “Remove” button.

aha! did that, worked! very good, thanks (also had to remove the Indian sound thing … but no great loss)

I also am getting the same error message, running Cubase 8.5 Pro and Dorico 4 Pro. Nice to know about the reason for the error message and the fix mentioned as I was not sure what if anything I should do about it. (I don’t think I’ll be uninstalling any sounds though)

Good evening,
in this regard, a very strange thing happens to me.

I have a PC and a laptop, both Dorico 4 and Cubase 11 are installed.

On the PC no error is shown when opening Cubase, instead on the laptop I get a message identical to the one that appears on MIKEDIT …

I attach a photo. By the way, “LoFi Piano” is a free library whose license is regularly on my dongle. I do not understand why Cubase on the PC does not detect any problems, while on the Notebook there is this error.

Thank you for your attention and for the constant and quick support you provide!

Is your dongle on the PC but not on the notebook?

the dongle is moved to the computer where I have to run cubase. that screenshot was captured when Cubase started, with the dongle inserted

Is it possible that you have a Dorico 3.5 licence in a soft-eLicenser on your PC (e.g. if you upgraded to Dorico 4 from Dorico 3.5)? If so, that might explain why you don’t get the error about Olympus Choir on that machine.

I’m afraid I’m not sure how Lofi Piano is licensed.

Hello and thanks for the reply. the D3.5 license that I upgraded to D4 has always been on the dongle, also because I used D3.5 on both computers. the “lofi piano” license is on the dongle, and on the pc it works perfectly, only on the laptop it shows this error

all my steinberg licenses are on dongle

I’m afraid I don’t know why that is, but I don’t think this will be the same as the problem that the original poster had. In Mike’s case he didn’t have a license on his eLicenser for Olympus Micro - in your case you do. The fact that the problem occurs for Lofi Piano as well as for Olympus Micro makes me think that it’s a problem with Cubase or with eLCC rather than anything to do with Steinberg Licensing. Is your eLCC up to date on your notebook? Does it help if you run Maintenance on the notebook?

Thanks for the reply! everything is updated to the same versions on both PC and laptop. that’s why it’s very strange …