Dorico CC data/divisi question and some thoughts on the CC lower zone

Hi all - I’ve tried and failed (obviously) to find an answer to this in the new documentation, so I’m hoping someone here has some insight.

Is is possible to have independent CC lanes for divisi sections? If memory serves in previous versions of Dorico, a new instance of an instrument would be created when a divisi was established. This no longer appears to be the case. If I select notes in different divisi staves, the voice in the lower zone changes, but the CC data stays the same. Can this be right?

Also the lock tool appears to be cancelled when the zoom tool is used. Zoom should be independent and not change when a new instrument is selected…

The position of the zoom tool impedes editing of CC data. Would it not be better placed in the Lower zone tool bar next to the voice selector?

Could we have a preference for the lower zone to center itself at the point of selection rather than the beginning of a note? If I select a long held note (in the middle of a 30 measures long note for example) wanting to add CC Changes, the selection scrolls away from where I want to make the change. Frustrating!

Parabolic CC curves would be nice one day!

Thanks in advance for any help

Ed

Sorry for the long delay in replying, @Ed_Shearmur!

I think the issues you’re experiencing are due to the fact that you’re using divisi, but you haven’t enabled independent voice playback, so all of the different divisi sections will be played by a single channel. If you go to Play mode and click the Turn on IRV button in the Routing section of the track inspector, this will then show a separate track in Play mode for each voice, and that will allow you to modify the playback properties of each voice, including separate sets of CC data for each one.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel! And congratulations on this amazing update!

E

1 Like