Dorico controlling a slave?

Hi folks… Is it possible to control a drum machine (slave) with Dorico? thx. AR

What exactly do you mean, @alridgway? Do you mean an external MIDI instrument, or a plug-in, or what?

Sorry - yes, I’d like Dorico to be able to start, stop and sync up with a drum machine via MIDI.

Al Ridgway

The older I get, the better I was.

What kind of synchronization mechanism does your MIDI drum machine use? Is it MTC (MIDI Time Code)? If so, I’m afraid Dorico doesn’t currently support MTC, though it is something we would like to support in future.

Okay Daniel. Thanks for your help. If you can stay away from MTC all the better. Keep doing what you do so well.

thanks,

Al Ridgway

Slave? :skull:

Hi there,

When a computer or another machine like a synthesizer controls a drum machine or a sound module for example, (In North America anyway) the machine bring controlled is commonly referred to as a slave. Controls can be things like: start, stop and syncs the tempo changes.

best,

Al Ridgway

I see. Unfortunate term, that.

Agree!

A MIDI Endpoint works well for controlling synths and such, since it’s just MIDI it handles tempo and so forth no problem. If you don’t have MIDI input you have to hack around it, a MIDI-CV converter is possible I think, and some here have gotten other protocols to work if you do a search (MTC/Timecode whatever)

Thank you. I’ll look into it.

Al Ridgway