Dorico Crashes (and has always been)

There is not much more I can say.
It has been doing it on different Macs, on different system version, with or without different audio hardware, in different situations, through all versions, through all the years since version 1.00.

What more can I say…

After a crash, please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the zip file created on your desktop here.

1 Like

You could also tell us what you were doing when the crashes occurred.

1 Like

BTW I had an old Mac cylinder where Dorico continually crashed, lots of diagnostics to Daniel and great help from the team but unfortunately we couldn’t diagnose it, something was just weird about that computer. But it was old so I pitched it and upgraded to a PC (several) and it’s been flawless since then. You imply multiple computers and such but FYI - if they’re old that might be an issue.

All Macs. The latest one is an M1Max…

I will do in the future…

Yes I will in the future. But as I said, It has been on all kind of situations. Frequently on starting the Programm.

As a software developer some advice with bug reports; give as much information as possible. Don’t be lazy and speak in general terms (note I’m not blaming you here - everybody does this), get more explicit than you think you should be. Pretend you’re explaining the problem to an alien who has no context - because, the software team actually do not have any context for what you’re doing.

For example “All Macs” doesn’t help - even qualifying with “M1Max” is marginal. And it’s still not getting anywhere because there’s no information about what you were doing and what the crash was.

This advice is for if you want to get to the root of your problem, the likelyhood of getting a solution is equal to the effort you put into providing information to find it. Not providing detailed information usually guarantees no solution will be found.

OK enough on this topic for me, good luck.

2 Likes

We’re always happy to investigate users’ crash reports, but we need the actual crash logs to perform any kind of meaningful investigations. Please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here, or email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de.