Dorico crashes at startup, when quitting, and when changing audio interface

Hello, I’m having issues with Dorico and after reading the articles, watching the videos, restarting my computer, re-installing Dorico many times, and deleting preference files, I do not know what to do.
I’m using the most recent version of Dorico 3.5 on macOS 10.14.6

Steps to reproduce:
1/ start Dorico after a computer restart
2/ change audio interface from “Built-in Output” to another audio interface.
3/ Dorico crashes
4/ After that, Dorico won’t start, the app keeps jumping in the dock and nothing happens. Needs a computer reboot to be able to reopen Dorico.

Other situation:
1/ start Dorico after a computer restart
2/ keep “Built-in Output”, work on some music (finally!!). It makes sounds without problem.
3/ Quitting by clicking CMD+Q makes Dorico crash
4/ After that, Dorico won’t start, the app keeps jumping in the dock and nothing happens. Needs a computer reboot to be able to reopen Dorico.

It seems like my problem comes from the audio engine. I do not have any other problem with audio programs (and I teach music tech). I have tried to delete the VSTAudioEngine 3 but it did not solve my problem.
Any idea of how to make Dorico work without having to use the Built-in Output and the need to restart my computer beforehand?
thanks
Florent

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Please do Help >Create Diagnostics Report from the Dorico menu and post the corresponding zip file here. Starting from there we will figure out, what is wrong on your system. Thanks

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.6 MB)
thanks so much Ulf, here it is. Let me know if you figure out what the problem is!
Florent

It looks as if at least some of the crashes are caused by the EastWest Play plug-in. Can you check you’re definitely running the most up-to-date version of EWQL Play? I believe the latest version at the time of writing is version 6.1.9.

thanks Daniel! Unfortunately I cannot update EWQL Play to the latest version. East West asked me not to update it as I own an old version of their plugins that wouldn’t work with the most recent version that is now subscription-based.
Any way to disable loading EWQL Play with Dorico? It’s a shame but at least if it makes Dorico work, that’d be worth it!

Yes, you can try blocking it on the VST Plug-ins page of Preferences. See here in the manual for some more help.

Thanks so much Daniel, it seems like removing EWQL Play in all my Dorico projects makes Dorico work normally again.
What’s strange is that Play.vst was already in the list of blocked plugins. It would probably make sense not to allow users to select blocked plugins in the VST Instrument list of Dorico’s Play menu.
Anyways, thanks a lot for your help. I’m glad I can use and hear sounds from Dorico without it crashing!
kindest regards,
Florent